LAST UPDATED: DECEMBER 3, 2015
Information Gathering and Usage
Information Provided By You
Closely collects Personal Information that you submit voluntarily to the Service. This includes information that you submit in the process of downloading and registering the App, completing a support request, placing orders, or submitting comments and feature requests. This information includes but is not limited to payment information that you provide to us (including credit card data), your name, email address, password, user name and businesses you select using the App.
Payment information that you provide to us, including credit card data, will only be used to facilitate payment for products and services.
Information Collected Automatically
While you are using the Service, certain Personal Information may be collected automatically and stored on our own servers or the servers of service providers we use. This information is solely used to improve the Service, including for debugging, analytical purposes and providing a better user experience. This information includes:
- Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Service, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: Some of the features of the Service may enable Closely to access and collect information about your current location in order to personalize the Service for you and provide other features of the Services (“Location-based Features”), for example to find businesses closest to your current location. In order to use Location-based Features, you must give Closely permission to use your geo-location through your device. You may at any time opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by changing the location preference for the App on your device.
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Service, including the browser you use, access times, screens and pages viewed, the page you visited before navigating to our Service and your Internet Protocol Address (“IP address”). An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer or mobile device when you use the Internet. In some cases, your IP address stays the same from session to session. But if you use a consumer Internet Access Provider, your IP address probably varies from session to session.
Information Provided By Partners
We may also receive Personal Information about you from other companies who we have partnered with (“Partners”) or other third parties. We may associate this information with the other Personal Information we have collected about you.
Use of Information
Closely may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Service;
- Provide stats, news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Send you product update information, security alerts, technical notices, support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Service and improve and personalize the Service;
- Personalize and improve the Service and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
Disclosure of Information
- To third-party providers who work on behalf or with us to provide some of the services and features of the Service.
- In aggregate form and without identifying you specifically for advertising and promotional purposes. We may share such information with various affiliated and unaffiliated entities for such purposes.
- To comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas, warrants, or other governmental requests for information served against us.
- To protect and defend our rights or property, you, or third parties.
- To advertisers and third party advertising networks and analytics companies as described below in the section “Automatic Data Collection and Advertising”.
Automatic Data Collection and Advertising
The Service is supported via various types of advertising, and collects data to help the Service serve advertising. We may work with analytics companies to help us understand how the Service is being used, such as the frequency and duration of usage. We work with advertisers and third party advertising networks, who need to know how you interact with advertising provided in the Service which helps us keep the cost of the Service low or free.
Advertisers and advertising networks may use some of the information collected by the Service, including the unique identification ID of your mobile device. To protect the anonymity of this information, we use an encryption technology to help ensure that these third parties can’t identify you personally. These third parties may also obtain information about other applications you’ve downloaded to your mobile device, the mobile websites you visit, your non-precise location information (e.g., your zip code), and other non-precise location information in order to help analyze and serve anonymous targeted advertising on the Service and elsewhere. We may also share encrypted versions of information you have provided in order to enable our partners to append other available information about you for analysis or advertising related use. If you’d like to opt-out from third party use of this type of information to help serve targeted advertising, please visit the section “Your Privacy Choices” below.
Your Privacy Choices
- Location Data: You can restrict the collection of geolocation information by changing the settings of your mobile device. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your mobile device and mobile browser settings.
- Push Notifications and Alerts: With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
- Cookies: Persistent Cookies may be removed from your computer’s hard drive by following the directions provided by your web browser’s help files. If you choose to disable cookies, some aspects of the Service may not work properly or you may be unable to use the services at all. You may also manage how your mobile device or mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your mobile device and mobile browser settings. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third party advertising companies online at www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp.
Connecting through Social Networks
Retention of Personal Information
Children Under the Age of 13
As stated in our Terms of Service, you must be 13 years old to use the Service. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use the Service and we do not intentionally collect or maintain Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we obtain knowledge that a user is under 13, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information permanently from our database.
We take reasonable measures to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. When we collect financial account information, such as credit card numbers, we protect its transmission through the use of encryption such as the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol.
Notwithstanding our efforts, we cannot guarantee absolute or unqualified protection of this information given the open nature and resulting instability of the Internet and World Wide Web, and we make no representations or warranties as to the effectiveness of our security and assume no liability for security breaches or any failure in the security of your computer equipment, your internet service provider or other networks and communications providers.